Today comes double trouble from Spire. They have sent us the Gemini Rev. 2 to put through the paces. Spire has been in the business of building computer parts and computer equipment for over a decade. The company is covering markets around everywhere with multiple locations strategically placed around the globe.
We will be reviewing the Spire Gemini Rev 2 which is actually not the latest model/ revision of this cooler. The Rev 3 was recently released. The revisions on this cooler are rather small and primarily focus on an updated socket configuration.
Taking a first look at the cooler, it reminds on the Prolimatech Megahalems, on the other hand the Gemini Rev 2 rather seems to be an off spring of the Spire TherMax Eclipse II. Basically the TherMax Eclipse II cut down in the middle like the Megahalems. Good idea to try to breed something you know will work with something that also has a proven track record.
Let see what Spire is saying about the Gemini Rev 2:
Gemini Rev.2 is the Zodiac sign for the twins. We have codenamed our newest high-end thermal solution due to the two towering dimpled fin heat-sinks. Gemini is the ultimate evolution of the hugely successful TherMax cpu cooler series. The increased number of heat-pipes combined with a higher number and density of dimpled fins and crowned with two (2) high airflow fans for extreme cooling performance. Six (6) U-shaped 6mm heat-pipes are in contact through the solid copper base with the CPU, rapid heat transfer to the 52 aluminum dimpled fins providing a larger surface area for optimum heat dissipation. The Gemini Rev.2 is supplied with two (2) 12cm balanced DC fans providing high airflow and sufficient cooling. Compatibility is guaranteed with multi-platform mounting for all current Intel and AMD micro-processors. The Gemini is pure cooling power that takes performance to the level. Spire – Powered by Innovation.
- Six (6) 6mm all copper U-shaped sinter-powder heat-pipes
- Solid copper base in direct contact with all of the processor area
- Straight lined heat-pipes allowing air to easily pass through
- 92 stamped aluminum wide fins for best surface rate
- Dimpled surface fin for increased heat transfer rate
- All black-Nickel coated to preserve killer looks from oxidation
- Two (2) 120mm BlackStar 9 blade fan design
- High Quality, Long MTBF Japanese No.1 Ball bearing
- Anti-Vibe soft fan corners, spring mounted fan clips
- Supports AM2/AM3 socket 939/940/ 775/1155/1156 & 1366/2011
- Best cooling performance on hot cpu’s up to TDP 130W
- PWM & PCI Fan speed control management (part# SP986B1-V2-2P)
|Intel||775 / 1156 / 1366|
|AMD||939 / 940 / AM2 / AM2+ / AM3|